The great thing, is that they make a perfect addition to the girls lunch boxes too and the cakes and cookies don't cost a lot to make!!
This week I found some white chocolate for baking at the back of my cupboard, luckily for me it was still in date. So after looking at what other ingredients I had in the cupboard, I decided to make some cookies.
* 150g Self Raising Flour
* 100g Castor Sugar
* 110g Butter
* 100g White Chocolate cut into small chunks
* 30g golden syrup
* 1 Egg
* 1 Tbsp Strawberry Jam
* Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and grease two baking trays.
* Mix the butter and sugar together.
* When softened, pour in the golden syrup.
* Beat in the egg.
* Add the flour and fold it into the mixture.
* Finally mix in the white chocolate and strawberry jam.
* Spoon balls of the mixture onto the trays, making sure to leave space inbetween each one.
* Pop into the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and place on a wire rack to cool.
These cookies are quite sweet but you could always leave out the golden syrup if you don't have as much of a sweet tooth as we do :)