The cookie isn't as big as the cakes as it doesn't really rise however it is just as tasty, I have to admit to having made 2 for myself at one time.
I opted for dark chocolate broken into chunks rather than chocolate chips. This meant that the chocolate can be found melted throughout the cookie.
The cookie does look slightly wet when it comes out of the microwave but it is definitely cooked. It takes less than a minute, too much longer and the cookie would end up dry, trust me when I say that because I made that mistake to begin with.
Here is my recipe :
* 1tbsp butter
* 1 tbsp caster sugar
* tbsp brown sugar
* 1tsp vanilla extract
* 1 egg yolk
* pinch salt
* 3 tbsp plain flour
* dark chocolate broke into tiny chunks
* Melt the butter in the mug, it only needs to be in the microwave for around 15 seconds.
* Mix the sugar and vanilla extract in with the butter.
* Next add the egg yolk and whisk.
* Fold in the flour and the salt.
* Pour in the dark chocolate and give the mixture one last quick stir.
* Make sure your microwave is on around 70-80% power and cook for 30-50 seconds. Mine took around 45 seconds in my 850watt microwave.
Of course you can eat the cookie by itself but it also really nice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
The final result is a soft and gooey cookie that just melts in your mouth and with the added ice cream it makes the perfect dessert.
What's your favourite flavour cookie? Perhaps you can tweak this recipe and make your own cookie in a mug.