However this doesn't stop the kids from asking for them.
There isn't really a good substitute for ice cream so the next best thing, ice cream bread.
Now I know you're all thinking I'm mad right now but it really works and the best thing, you only need two ingredients.
* 500ml of Ice Cream
* 200g Self Raising Flour.
* Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
* Leave your ice cream to melt at room temperature for around half an hour. I found the best way to do this was leave it for around 10 minutes, then empty the contents of the tub into a larger bowl and stir every 5 minutes or so to break it down.
We opted for Ben & Jerrys Cookie Dough ice cream but you can of course choose any flavour you like.
* Once the ice cream has melted, gradually stir in the self raising flour. Folding it in little by little.
The mixture will feel quite stiff once all the flour is added.
* Once all the flour has been mixed in, pour the mixture into an already greased bread tin. Making sure to level out the top of it.
* Bake in the oven for around half an hour. Check with a metal skewer or knife to make sure it has cooked right through. If the skewer comes out clean then it is ready to take out of the oven.
You can have the bread by itself, my kids like to spread marshmallow fluff over the top of it. The great thing with the cookie dough ice cream, is that you get chunks of melted cookie dough and chocolate throughout the bread.
What flavour ice cream would you use??