Eggs are one of the most versatile ingredients and can be used to create many meals for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
I've tried frying them, scrambling them, boiling them and poaching them but I hadn't attempted to bake them until now…..
Read my latest recipe to see how I created my baked onion and courgette frittata.
* 1 Medium Red Onion Sliced
* 1 Courgette Grated
* 5 Eggs Beaten
* A knob of butter
* 60g Grated Cheese
* Salad to serve
* Preheat the oven to 180ºc.
* Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the onion, cook for around 2-3 minutes until the onion as softened.
* Next add the courgettes and fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
* Then in either a casserole dish or a roasting tin, whatever you have to hand, pour in the beaten eggs.
* Stir in the onion and courgette, then pop in the oven for around 20 minutes.
* 5 minutes before cooking time is up, remove the frittata from the oven and sprinkle some grated cheese over the top then place back in the over for the final 5 minutes of cooking.
* Serve with a nice fresh salad.
I've found this frittata not only great for a dinner time meal but it is also lovely eaten cold too, a perfect addition to a picnic maybe??
What's your favourite meal to make with eggs??