I love a good mince pie but the kids aren't as bigger fans as me so I came up with a recipe that still has that festive feel but is a bit more appealing to the children.
These cookies are similar to those that you can purchase at Millie's Cookies, sweet, delicious and doughy.
The mince meat just gives them that Christmas touch.
* 125g Butter
* 100g Light brown soft sugar
* 12g Caster sugar
* 1 medium egg
* 1/2 Tsp Madgascan vanilla or vanilla extract
* 225g Self raising flour
* Pinch of salt
*175g Mince meat
* Preheat the oven to 180ºc.
* Cream both sugars and the butter together.
* Once combined, whisk in the egg and vanilla.
* Sift the flour and salt and stir until you have a nice smooth mixture.
* Spoon in the mince meat and mix.
* Spoon the mixture onto greased baking trays, this recipe should make around 15 cookies.
* Bake for 15-20 minutes, keeping an eye on them. Remove from the oven once golden brown and leave to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Now if you are like me, I love to eat cookies warm, straight from the oven but these can of course be stored in a sealed container if you can resist them. I can confirm they also go nicely with a scoop of vanilla ice cream mmmm.