The recipe I'm sharing with you this week is not only perfect for breakfast but you can eat it at snack time or even for dessert. This oat bake can be eaten hot or cold, like a slice of bread of broken up and served with all sorts of yummy toppings.
Best of all the oat bake remains completely healthy, full of fibre, nutritious and extremely filling so no need to snack inbetween meals…
* 2 n 1/2 cups rolled oats
* 2 tbsp linseed/flax meal
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp ground ginger
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 banana chopped
* 1 cup frozen blueberries
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
* 2 n 3/4 cup almond milk
* 1 banana
* 1 tbsp maple syrup
* Grease a baking dish which is roughly 8 x 8" and preheat the oven to around 180ºc.
* In a large bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients.
* Put all of the wet ingredients into a blender, blending until smooth.
* Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, keep mixing until they are all combined.
* Pour the mixture into the baking tray and bake for around 45 minutes or until the top has browned.
* Allow to cool for around 30 minutes and then cut into slices.
I served my oat bake in a variet of ways. Two of my favourite suggestions are shown below. A simple idea is just breaking up the oat bake, warming in the microwave and spooning greek yoghurt over the top.
My favourite variation is again warming it in the microwave and serving it with raw frosting (almond butter, cottage cheese and protein powder) and sliced bananas.