I love ice cream, especially on a nice hot day however it probably isn't the best thing for my diet. However I think I may have found a healthier alternative.
Made with coconut milk it is creamy and sweet and even a little bit naughty with bits of meringue mixed throughout.
It is a simple recipe that is easy to make and it doesn't have to be made with strawberries, you can add in whatever fruit you prefer.
Best of all it is dairy free so it is even suitable for vegans.
Packed full of flavour, it is and quite simply delicious, a little bowl full of frozen goodness.
* 1 tin of coconut milk
* 1 cup of strawberries
* 1 tbsp maple syrup
* 1tsp vanilla extract
* 1 small meringue, crushed
* Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out all of the cream into a blender. You can use the coconut water for something else later on, it's great in smoothies.
* Add in the strawberries, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
* Blend all of the ingredients together, slowly at first and then a bit quicker at the end.
* Pour the mixture into a container suitable for the freezer.
* Fold in the crushed up meringue.
* Place in the freezer for atleast 3 hours before serving.
If you'd like to make more of this delicious dessert you can double the amount of ingredients used. Serve with fresh fruit.