However I like to mix it up a little. I'm sure you've seen vegetable crisps being sold in supermarkets, I have eaten carrot crisps, beetroot crisps and even apple crisps so I thought I'd have a go at making my own.
My vegetable of choice, cauliflower.
Now this might not be to everyones taste but trust me, don't knock it til you've tried it. I've spiced these up a little with a touch of smoked paprika and chilli. The end result a crisp and tasty decevingly healthy snack.
* 1 small head of cauliflower
* coconut oil spray (or other oil of choice)
* smoked paprika
* chilli powder
* Preheat your oven to 190ºc.
* Slice up your cauliflower, each piece needs to be quite thin otherwise it won't crisp up when baking.
* Place all of the cauliflower onto a baking tray, making sure to spread out evenly.
* Spray the cauliflower with the coconut oil and then sprinkle over the paprika and chilli powder.
* Flip them over and repeat the previous step on the other side.
* Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Keep and eye nearer the end of the cooking time as you don't want them to burn.
What are left with is a snack that is just as moreish as the crisps you were going to reach for yet it has significantly fewer calories.
Linking up with Eat Your Heart Out's #RecipeRoundUp