This creation is great for both a breakfast food or a healthy pre/post workout snack. Packed full of protein, it manages to squash any hunger pains and being frozen you feel like you are getting a form of ice cream, a treat for the taste buds.
Simple to make, it is a great way to use up any over ripe bananas and also an idea to encourage little ones who are reluctant to eat fruit to get consuming one of their five a day.
* Peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
* Each banana that you use cut in half and then half length ways, giving you the outers of two sandwiches.
* On two of the halves spread a good coating of peanut butter, the more the better I say.
* Pop the other half of your bananas on top to create your sandwich.
* Place in the freezer for atleast 3-4 hours and then eat.
If you want to make it a slightly naughtier treat you can always coat the banana in dark chocolate before freezing.