I shared with you before my recipe for banana and oat pancakes, only four ingredients, healthy yet quick and easy to make. But as with anything eating the same thing all of the time can get boring so I've been experimenting with batters and I have come up with a new recipe for you to try. Introducing my peanut butter coconut pancakes.
I'd compare these to a cake. The batter itself is quite thick so the pancakes when cooked are a lot thicker too, more like american pancakes I suppose. Not overly sweet so a great mix of toppings can be put them as well.
* 5 Tbsp coconut flour
* 1/4 tsp baking powder
* 2 tsp of crunchy peanut butter
* 2 tsp sweetner
* 7 egg whites
* 1/4 - 1/2 cup water
* Mix all ingredients except the water together in a bowl (you can use a blender if you like).
* Gradually stir in the water, how thick you want your batter depends on how much water you use.
* When you've reached your required consistency, heat up a fry pan. I used coconut oil to coat the pan.
* This mixture can make 5-10 pancakes depending on how big you make them. I spooned around a 1/4 of a cup for each pancake.
* Turn the pancake when it begins to bubble on top, as each pancake is cooked, stack them up on a plate.
I served mine with banana, natural yogurt and crispy bacon mmmmm. What's your favourite toppings on pancakes?