I love when the colder weather sets in, for many reasons but one is that I get to eat warmer breakfasts, move over chia pudding and overnight oats, step in good old porridge. But I don't like to have the same porridge every day, I like to mix up flavours and textures. Today I'm sharing with you my recipe for coconut matcha porridge.
This recipe is brilliant for warming you up in the mornings but it is also a great post workout meal with the added benefit that some of the ingredients help to burn fat (matcha is amazing). Don't let the green colour put you off, as this dish is delicious and you'll definitely want more than one bowl.
Ingredients (serves 1)
* 50g porridge oats
* 150ml water
* 50ml coconut milk
* 1 tsp matcha
* 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
* 50ml coconut yogurt
* 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
* coconut chips to top
* Combine the oats and water in a pan and heat, bringing this mixture to the boil.
* Add the milk, matcha and sweetner (honey or maple syrup and continue to cook for a further few minutes, making sure to stir.
* Then mix in the yogurt and desiccated coconut.
* Serve like I did topped with coconut chips or perhaps add a mix of nuts or seeds.