I love a good flapjack. I'm quite partial to one filled with nuts and I would never say no to one covered in yoghurt. I think that is what makes it so nice because the recipe is easy to adapt to your own personal taste. As long as you have the basic ingredients in the cupboard you can quickly knock up a batch in next to no time.
My latest recipe on the blog shows just how easy they are to make but I have added my own little twist. Instead of baking the mixture all together and then slicing once cooked, I decided to make individual flapjacks and this is done by spooning the mixture into individual cupcake casings.
The only problem I had with this is that one flapjack just wasn't enough….
* 110g butter
* 40g castor sugar
* 2 tbsp honey
* 175g porridge oats
* 50 desicatted coconut
* Preheat your oven to 180ºc or gas mark 4.
* Line a tray with 12 cupcake casings.
* In a saucepan place the butter, sugar and honey. Heat on low and keep mixing until all the butter and sugar has dissolved.
* Take away from the heat and pour in the porridge oats and coconut.
* Continue to stir until all of the oats are coated (you can add a tad more honey if needed).
* Spoon the mixture evenly into the cupcake casings and place in the oven to bake.
* Bake until the tops are golden brown which will take around 15-20 minutes.
If you fancy making these are really treat, melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it over the top mmmm.
What's you favourite flavouring for flapjacks?