I love chocolate and I love Christmas so what could be better than combining the two? This simple Christmas bark recipe I'm about to share with you can easily be adapted and changed to your own tastes.
It makes a delicious treat and can even become a fantastic homemade Christmas gift with the festiv twist that I have added to the already appealing chocolate bark recipe.
If you were unsure on just what bark is, it is simply a sheet of chocolate mixed with all of your favourite ingredients. It is a way of making chocolate even more flavoursome.
My recipe combines a festive look with Christmas toppings along with that wonderful peppermint flavour that you associate with candy canes mmmm.
* 300g dark chocolate (you can switch this for milk of white if you prefer)
* 1 tsp peppermint extract
* 2 candy canes
* christmas cake toppings (I opted for a selection from dr oetker)
* Crush up your candy canes, I used a rolling pin for ease.
* Melt the chocolate 30 seconds at a time on high in the microwave. Again you can do this over water on the hob but I'm lazy.
* Once all the chocolate is melted stir in the crushed up candy canes and peppermint extract.
* Pour over a baking tray which is covered in parchment paper. Spreading out the chocolate into a nice relatively thin layer.
* Decorate with your chosen toppings and leave to cool.
* Finish by cutting the bark into chunks, I went for six big slabs but you can make smaller ones, especially if you want to give as a gift as they can be displayed nicely in a mason jar and finsished off with a bow.
What flavours and ingredients would you use to create your perfect bark?