I wrote a post last week about Christmas cakes gone wrong but this week I have one that went oh so right so I thought it was only fair to share the recipe with you.
My love of mug cakes is no secret. A quick and simple cake to make, one that you don't have to share and one that can be made in a variety of flavours, win, win, winning!
The latest recipe I am sharing with you just got even better with introduction of alcohol. Oh yes cake and alcohol together, a real treat for us adults.
I'd describe the flavour as mix between Christmas cake and Christmas pudding, two of my favourite Christmas foods ;)
* 1 tbsp of butter
* 1 tbsp of your favourite tipple, I used spiced rum but brandy is another good one
* 3 tbsp of dried fruit
* 1 egg
* 3 Tbsp brown sugar
* 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp nutmeg
* 1/4 tsp ginger
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 tbsp self raising flour
* 1 tbsp glazed cherries (chopped in half)
* 2 tbsp mixed nuts
* Grease a large mug and set aside
* Put the butter, alcohol and dried fruit into a bowl and microwave for around 20 seconds.
* Add in the egg, sugar, vanilla extract, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix together until all of the ingredients are combined.
* Next add the flour, cherries and nuts, folding through until all of the flour is mixed in.
* Pour the mixture into your chosen mug and microwave for around 3 minutes, based on an 850 watt microwave.
If you are inpatient like me you'll want to eat it straight from the mug but if you can wait then serve it in a bowl with either cream or custard mmmm.