A staple for many dinners in households across the world.
We can bake them, roast them, fry them, mash them, you can cut them into all shapes and sizes but sometimes the potato can end up seeming a little boring, in need of finding its WOW factor.
Britmums recently set bloggers the #FluffyMarisPiper challenge, the task, sharing their favourite potato recipes.
Well I do love a good recipe so how could I resist.
My offering is a simple one, but sometimes these ideas can be the most effective, I give you…..
* 5-6 Maris Piper Potatoes
* Tin of Mushy Peas
* Knob of butter
* Peel your potatoes.
* Cut them into small chunks
* Pop them in a pan of boiling water and leave to cook for around 25 minutes.
* Drain the water.
* Heat up the mushy peas either on the hob or in the microwave.
* Add the peas along with a knob of butter to the potatoes and mash.
* How smooth or lumpy you have them is entirely up to you.
I served mine with the classic pie and veg along with some lovely thick gravy.
And if you are like me and end up with leftover mash, do you know the best thing to do with it?
Leave it to cool, place in the fridge over night then have it a sandwich with a squidge of mayonnaise for lunch the next day, delicious.
This post is an entry for #FluffyMarisPiper Linky Challenge sponsored by Potato Council. Learn more at bit.ly/18rWnaB