One of my favourite ingredients of late is quinoa. I've been using it in breakfast, lunch and dinners. It is packed full of protein and manages to add a great texture to every dish.
I will have more quinoa based recipes to share with you but the first one I wanted to shared with you was quinoa pizza muffins.
I've found this dish to be perfect for lunch or dinner, or even a snack, my toddler really enjoys eating them cold, I mean who doesn't love cold pizza!!
Whole grains, fibre and protein. This recipe is nutritious and delicious (yes I rhymed), and even better it is gluten free, it can be made meaty but I opted for a vegetarian version...
* 1 cup of quinoa (uncooked)
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup red onion (diced)
* 1 cup mozzarella (shredded)
* 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (chopped)
* 1 tsp crushed garlic
* 1 tsp dried basil
* 1 tsp dried oregano
* 1 tsp smoked paprika
* Preheat the oven to around 180 degrees and grease a muffin tin.
* Cook the quinoa as per the packets instructions.
* Once the quinoa is cooked, drain and then mix in a large bowl with all of the other ingredients.
* Once the mixture is combined, divide the mixture evenly into the muffin cups, making sure to fill to the top. This recipe will make around 8 large muffins or 12 smaller muffins.
* Bake the pizzas for around 20 minutes, start checking at 15 minutes.
You can eat these delicious muffins by themselves or do as I did and serve with something like sweet potato crisps.