Thursday, 11 June 2015
Nutty Oat Bars Recipe
These nutty oat bars which I'm about to introduce to you have a great mix of a salty and sweet taste and because of the oats you are kept full for quite a while which is why they are the perfect on the go breakfast food. And as I've found great for anyone on a diet as you won't find yourself craving more food after eating them.
* 1 cup of rolled oats
* 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
* 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
* 1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour
* 2/3 cup soft brown sugar
* 150g butter
* Preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease up some baking papare and place it in a pan that's roughly 20cm x 30cm.
* Place all ingredients except the butter into a large bowl and mix.
* Melt the butter and then pour over all the dry ingredients.
* Stir until all the mixture is covered and then place in the prepared pan, making sure to pack down tight.
* Bake for around 20 minutes, leave to cool on a rack and then slice. This recipe can make as many bars as 18 but it depends on the size you'd like.
Make sure to store in an air tight container, I kept mine for around a week with no problems.