Thursday, 18 June 2015
My Favourite Salad Tuna Nicoise
There are so many different combinations, these days fruit can even be used as an ingredient, don't knock it till you've tried it!!
And with the Summer months finally arriving I thought this was the perfect opportunity to share with you my all time favourite salad recipe.
My go to salad happens to be the tuna nicoise, however I will admit I don't like the normal sauce that accompanies it.
It is fairly simple to prepare, wonderfully colourful and is packed full of protein, perfect for a post workout meal!!!
Ingredients (serves 2)
* 1 can of tuna
* handful cherry tomatoes halved
* 4 eggs boiled and sliced
* 5-8 new potatoes steamed and halved
* 1 red onion sliced
* 1 handful of black olives
* lettuce of choice (I used spinach)
* balsamic vinegar for dressing
* Cooking the potatoes is what takes the most time for this recipe but once all ingredients have been cooked the preparation is easy peasy.
* Simply combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and gently mix them up, I like to use my hands but you can of course use salad tongs.
I chose to use spinach in my recipe but most people tend to use a mixed leaf bag of lettuce.
* Once combined serve on plates and drizzle over the balsamic vinegar to taste.