If you've read my blog this year, you will know that I am on a quest to get healthy!! Food plays a major part in this so I thought I'd start sharing with you some of the recipes that I am trying in a bid to eat better. One of those recipes is for egg muffins.
Now I have opted for tomato and onion ones but the great thing about this quick and easy recipe is that you can put in any ingredients to you like. You can make them meaty, cheesy or packed full of vegetables.
These tasty little treats can be made in advance and heated up later and they make the perfect speedy on the go breakfast or a scrummy snack to keep your energy levels up.
* 12 Eggs
* Oil to grease the muffin tin, I like to use Fry Lite spray
* 2 Tomatoes
* 1 Medium red onion
* Preheat your oven to around 200º and grease up a 12 hole muffin tray.
* Chop up the tomatoes and dice up the onion.
* Whisk all twelve eggs together and add seasoning if you prefer.
* Pop in the tomatoes and onion and stir in the ingredients.
* Pour in the egg mixture into the muffin tin.
* Place in the oven for around 20-25 minutes, making sure that the eggs are fully cooked.
You can serve by themselves or alongside things like wholemeal toast, turkey rashers etc dependent on how hungry you are.