What I made depended on what ingredients I had left and in the end I decided on some simple muffins, but plain muffins aren't any fun are they so I thought why not fill them up with jam…..
* 2 x eggs
* 250ml semi skimmed milk
* 125ml oil
* 1tsp vanilla extract
* 200g caster sugar
* 400g plain flour
* 3 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp salt
* jar of jam
* Preheat your oven to 200º c and line a muffin tray with 12 muffin cases.
* In a bowl whisk up the 2 eggs, pour in milk, oil and vanilla extract then mix.
* Add the sugar and stir until all the sugar is dissolved.
* Sieve in all of the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt).
* Fill each muffin case til they are 2/3 full.
* Place in the oven and bake for around 25 minutes, until golden brown.
* Once cooled, using a teaspoon, scoop out the middle of each muffin.
* Place a spoonful of jam inside, I opted for blackcurrant jam but of course the flavour is entirely up to you.
* Pop the muffin which was scooped out back on top.
The muffins are now ready to eat.
However if you are like me and want to hide the surprise from your children, you can cover the top of each muffin in icing.
I used butter icing and then decorated them with eaton mess sprinkles from Dr Oetker and icing flowers.