I'm sure it isn't possible seen as Easter has been and gone but if you happen to have any Creme Eggs left over you can use them in this scrummy recipe for chickpea blondes, of course you can always make them without the creme eggs, this will make these delicious slices of cake less calorific but no less tasty.
The blondies themselves are wonderfully healthy, high in protein and fibre because of the included peanut butter and chickpeas, a great example that healthy foods can be flavoursome.
There is no butter, eggs or flour involved in this recipe so it can be adapted to be vegan too.
* 1 tin of chickpeas (drained)
* 1/2 cup peanut butter (this can be switched for almond butter)
* 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey if not vegan
* 1tsp vanilla extract
* 1/4 tsp baking powder
* 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
* 5 creme eggs cut in half
* Grease up a baking tin roughly 9x9 inches and preheat the oven to 180ºc.
* In a food processor mix together all of the ingredients except for the dark chocolate chips and the creme eggs. You can also use a hand blender if you don't have a food processor.
* Once you have smooth batter fold in the dark chocolate chips.
* Pour the mixture into the baking tin, smooth out then place in the oven for around 15 minutes.
* At this point take them out of the oven and push in your creme egg halves.
* Place back in the oven to bake for a further 10 minutes.
* Allow to cool in the pan for around 15 minutes then cut into slice and serve.